Claire: Happy Leap Day everybody! This month, we celebrated the many sides of love with good songs, bad songs, alternative songs, even sexist songs. We laughed, we cried, we celebrated the musical stylings of Fergie, we rediscovered the band Next, we talked about Casio keyboards—and we wrote about it.
Love and Stuff Lists:
- Top 5 Love Songs by Claire and Joshua
- Leftover Lists: Love Songs by Claire and Joshua
- Alternative Love Songs by Miriam Doyle
- Top 5 Worst Love Songs by Claire and Joshua
- Songs for Swingin’ Sexists by Eric Fish
- Top 5 Songs for the Grown and Sexy by Claire and Joshua
- Top 5 Worst Seduction Songs by Claire and Joshua
- Top 5 Breakup Songs as Stages by Claire and Joshua
- In Which Fergie Saves the Day by Claire
We also launched out First Show/Worst Show series and heard all of your magical tales about seeing the Grateful Dead (jealous), the Steve Miller band (not jealous), and Cobra Starship (confused). If you haven’t submitted your First Show/Worst Show yet, click here.
First Shows/Worst Shows:
- First Show/Worst Show: Andre Moshenberg
- First Show/Worst Show: Rahnia Mersereau
- First Show/Worst Show: Claire
- First Show/Worst Show: Jamie Breazeale
- First Show/Worst Show: Maureen Noble
Our friend/guest blogger/sometimes copy editor Noura Hemady wrote an awesome blog about seeing the Old 97s at the 9:30 Club. But as I read it, I realized that she had totally forgotten about an Old 97s show that we saw together at the 9:30 Club. We had a huge fight and I threw shoes at her. Not really. Instead I wrote about the LOST SHOW from Noura’s illustrious show-going life, and our one-off series about the Old 97s, DC, growing up, armpits, and prostitutes was born.
- Old 97s and the Summer of Freedom by Noura Hemady
- Old 97s and the Summer of Polyester Armpits by Claire
A special shout out to our amazing Guest Bloggers this month: Eric Fish, Noura Hemady, and Miriam Doyle! Write more stuff for us. Seriously guys.
And a big thank you to our First Show/Worst Show writers: Andre Moshenberg, Rahnia Mersereau, Jamie Breazeale, and Maureen Noble!